Solid Route Accounting™ has the following major components:
- Solid Sales Pro™: an app that runs on Android or iOS computers. It settles with SolidRouteAccounting.com either on-demand or automatically. It automatically senses a valid data connection.
- SolidRouteAccounting.com: the secure, web-based management console. While mobiles are easily set up using the default settings, a wide range of customization is provided.
- Solid Fusion™: An app that runs on a Windows computer. It automatically exchanges information between the management console and the host ERP system.
- Invoices - create invoices on the mobile
- Credits - issue Credit memos on the mobile
Customer Orders - are open transactions that can still be edited by a sales rep.
For more information, see Article #314 How to Modify or Finalize Customer Orders
Receive Payments - allows sales reps to generate a receipt for payments received from a customer.
For more information, see Article #302 Solid Sales Pro™ Payment Methods Explained
Signature Capture - Solid Sales Pro™ allows salespersons to capture signatures and optionally the signer's name on transactions.
For more information, see Article #316 Signature Capture
- Special Price Lists (SPL) are the most flexible method of special pricing available in Solid Route Accounting™. SPLs allow starting and ending date ranges to be specified, as well as which items should be sold at what prices for specified customers.
Price Levels - Price Levels let you set and maintain custom pricing for different customers and customer groups in QuickBooks®. Once you create a Price Level and associate it with one or more customers, Solid Sales Pro™ automatically pulls up the correct custom price for a customer each time you add an item to a transaction.
For more information regarding QuickBooks® price level integration, see Article #176 Using Price Levels in Solid Route Accounting for QuickBooks
Invoice Level Discounts - this allows the company to set the uppermost limit for an invoice level discount. The salespeople can then grant a customer a discount off an invoice's total at the time of sale, within that discount range.
For more information, see Article #279 How to Enable Invoice Level Discounts in Solid Sales Pro™
Default Purchase Order Number - allows the company to set a default/recurring PO number for customers in the ERP system. Solid Sales Pro™ will pre-populate this PO number when creating a transaction.
For more information, see Article #321 Default Purchase Order Numbers
Print Transactions - Solid Sales Pro™ operating on various mobile devices, is compatible with a wide range of printers.
For more information, see Article #291 Mobile Printer Compatibility Guide
Email Transactions - Solid Route Accounting™ has the ability to email transactions from Solid Sales Pro™. A default mail server is provided; however, provisions are made for a more desirable approach to configuring their own email server.
For more information, see Article #300 How to Configure Email Settings
Penny Rounding - For regions that no longer distribute pennies/cents, Solid Route Accounting™ can correctly round up or down to the nearest 5 cents for cash transactions.
For more information, see Article #307 Configuring the Penny Rounding Feature
- Add / Edit Customers on mobile
- Phone Customer - phone a customer directly from the Solid Sales Pro™ app. A cell phone-enabled device is required.
- Map to Customer - obtain directions to a customer directly from the Solid Sales Pro™ app via Google Maps or Apple Maps. A good data connection with a capable device is required.
Customer Route Groups (CRG) - For mobile sales, it is often desirable to separate your customer records into CRG. This allows the upload of a customer list that is specific to that mobile route.
For more information, see Article #282 How to Create Customer Route Groups
Picture Attachments - Do you need to record various aspects at a customer site, such as shelf displays, damages, or just the store's appearance? Do you need an easy way to associate these records to a customer site? Solid Sales Pro™ can capture pictures, associate them to customer sites and has an easy way of retrieving these pictures from the Management Console.
For more information, see Article #310 Attaching Pictures to Transactions
No Sale Transactions - To allow the stop to be evidenced.
For more information, see Article #323 How to record customer stops when there is no sale?
- Customer account number scanning - The barcode scanner can scan a barcode of the customer account number.
One-time Price Override - This feature allows system administrators to provide sales reps with a unique 10-digit, single-use code that allows the sales rep to override prices in Solid Sales Pro™.
For more information, see Article #305 How to Use the One-time Price Override Feature
Void Transactions - this allows sales staff to void transactions (invoices, credits and payments) that have not yet been cashed out, which will return the items back into inventory and void the customer transaction.
For more information, see Article #304 How to Enable Voiding of Transactions
Solid Survey™ - Solid Survey™ allows you to define several customer survey questions which sales reps can complete during their visit to a customer.
For more information, see Article #292 Solid Survey™
Delivery Confirmation - Delivery Confirmation allows Customer Orders saved within the system (i.e., on another mobile, on this mobile, or in the accounting system) to be assigned to a Mobile Unit for delivery and finalization as an Invoice. During the finalization process, items can be added, deleted, changed, including prices (depending on security settings) to the Customer Order.
For more information, see Article #313 Finalizing Customer Orders through Delivery Confirmation
Route Sheets with Sales History - allows route sales staff to receive summarized historical sales data. With this feature, customer's historical sales, returns, and on-hand quantities are right at their fingertips. It also allows them to monitor spoilage rates on perishable products and optimize return ratios. While servicing a customer (i.e. store account), the route sales staff can optionally enter the amount on the shelf (Quantity on Hand at the Customer) along with Sales Order Quantities and Credit/Return Quantities all on the one convenient screen. Solid Sales Pro™ will suggest an order quantity for that item based on the quantities entered above and on historical data. Once the Customer Route Sheet has been completed, the proposed order, with Sales and Credits, is generated with a single button click. Note that the order can still be modified until finalized.
For more information, see Article #322 Route Sheets with Sales History
Planograms and other Customer Files - allows clients to upload files, such as planograms or other files in the PDF, PNG, or JPEG format, associated with a particular customer, customer group or all customers. These files are loaded to mobile devices and can subsequently be viewed at customer sites.
For more information, see Article #330 Uploading Planograms and other Customer Files
Item Filtering - in Solid Route Accounting™ filter criteria can be applied to limit the inventory items that are downloaded to mobile devices. These filters are available company-wide or on a per mobile basis.
For more information, see Article #286 Item Filtering
Item barcode scanning
- Decode standard barcodes
- Decode GS1-128 barcodes with Application Identifiers and uses the data to populate the quantity, price and/or lot number fields
- Mobile Sales History - The last x number of transactions are automatically maintained on the mobile.
- Inventory Control - tracks inventory automatically, as transactions are completed in Solid Sales Pro™, the local warehouse inventory is updated, and the inventory in the ERP system is updated upon synchronization.
Multi-location Inventory Control - this feature allows inventory tracking across multiple fixed and/or mobile sites.
For more information, see Article #319 Multi-warehouse (aka Multi-Location) Inventory Control
Return Goods Tracking - When salespeople accept product returns, they can assign a return code to these products. The system will make the necessary inventory adjustment based on this return code.
For more information, see Article #295 Taking Product Returns with Return Code
Multiple Return Warehouses - Allows you to define specific return warehouses by item category/product line/department.
For more information, see Article #329 Multiple Return Warehouses
Mobile Stock Report - The Mobile On Hand Stock Report shows the quantities on hand for the particular cost center this mobile represents.
For more information, see Article #315 Mobile On Hand Stock Report
On Order Report - The mobile On-Order Report allows you to print a report of all open Orders on the mobile. Not only will this assist with restocking, but it will also provide valuable information as to which products are on order.
For more information, see Article #326 Mobile On-Order Report
Stock Counts - Regular inventory counts are valuable in monitoring inventory shrinkage within any warehouse/cost center. Counting inventory for mobile cost centers is especially crucial to reducing shrinkage and ensuring that the route sales person's levels are accurate since these mobile cost centers are the most at risk. Inventory counts for mobile cost centers are not only easy to do, thanks to barcode scanning, but when planned at the end of a work period, such as at the end of a week or month, the trucks have less inventory to count, making this procedure just that much faster and easier.
For more information, see Article #298 Mobile Stock Counts
Stock Transfers - An essential part of Inventory Management is to monitor what inventory is transferred between which warehouses/cost centers. The most efficient way to do this is by creating Inventory/Stock Transfers from Solid Sales Pro™, which allow quantities to be transferred between cost centers using a traceable and printable transaction.
For more information, see Article #299 Mobile Stock Transfers
- Lot number tracking - To track lot numbers of products sold.
- Vehicle Mileage Tracking - To record the beginning and ending mileage of vehicles.
- Secure login to web management console - Secure login for management and/or staff with available multi-level configuration.
- Easy to Test and Use with Quick Setup - Default values are automatically supplied, making setup and operation very easy.
- Low Training Costs - Easy to Learn and Use - Clients seldom require on-site training.
- Customization - While default values are automatically supplied in all initial setups, a wide range of values are easily applied from drop-down menu choices. This makes the system easy to tailor to your company's needs.
Data Synchronization - Solid Fusion™ synchronizes data between the ERP system and the cloud while Solid Sale Pro™ synchronizes data between the cloud and the mobile devices.
For more information, see Article #308 Solid Sales Pro™ Synchronization with the Cloud
Customizable Transaction Layout - For many businesses, the look and feel of the invoice are very important. An invoice can tell a lot about your company. So Solid Route Accounting™ allows you to choose what to print on transactions and customize the layout.
For more information, see Article #309 Customizing the Transaction Layout
Trip Report - Do you ever wonder where your route salespeople travel? With Solid Route Accounting™ and the appropriate mobile devices, you will be able to generate a Trip Report, which will show you on a map where a salesperson has travelled and what transactions were created along the way.
For more information, see Article #311 Trip Report
Stop Analysis Report - this report allows supervisors to have a bird's-eye view of their route salespeople's work. This inludes the times they make their stops, the customers they visit, when that customer was last visited, how much the invoice was created for, and also very important, which customers were missed.
For more information, see Article #317 Stop Analysis Report
- Transaction Interchange Report
- Cash Out Report – Cash-outs may be conducted from the mobile. These cash-outs are then uploaded to the central management system ,where they can be reviewed and reprinted. Note: This feature is in case route salespeople do not print their cashouts. Regardless, the ERP system can conduct its own cash in.
- Transaction Review / Reprint with signatures with the ability to print to paper or email.
- Trip Report - Do you ever wonder where your route salespeople travel? With Solid Route Accounting™ and the appropriate mobile devices, you will be able to generate a Trip Report, which will show you on a map where a salesperson has travelled and what transactions were created along the way.
Sales Rep Login - user login to Solid Sales Pro™ will assign transactions to a particular sales rep.
For more information, see Article #278 Setting Up Passwords for Solid Sales Pro™
Day/Trip End Cashouts - the Cash Out report generated from within Solid Sales Pro™ is intended to report on all invoices, credits and payments created at the end of a work period (day or trip).
For more information, see Article #318 Day/Trip End Cash Out Reports
Stock Depletion Report - The Stock Depletion Report allows you to print a daily or trip summary report of the stock depletion amounts on the mobile handheld unit. Not only will this assist with restocking, but it will also provide valuable information as to which products are selling best and which others are not.
For more information, see Article #325 Stock Depletion Report
- Remote device wipe – Remote devices are easily de-authorized from the management console.
- Integrated, Automatic Error Reporting – if an error occurs, an email is sent to technical support. This means our staff can be working on the problem usually before our client is aware of it.
Maintain customers, inventory and pricing in any of the following ERP systems:
- QuickBooks® desktop (Pro, Premier and Enterprise editions 2011 or newer)
- QuickBooks® Online
- Sage 100
- Solid Business Central™
Note: Solid Route Accounting™ uses the same integration protocol as our previous versions. As such, it is also running with:
- Infor FACTS
- Infor Distribution SX.e