An essential part of Inventory Management is to monitor what inventory is transferred between which warehouses/cost centers. The most efficient way to do this is by creating Inventory/Stock Transfers from Solid Sales Pro™, which allow quantities to be transferred between cost centers using a traceable and printable transaction.
To create an inventory transfer using a mobile computer, the user logged into Solid Sales Pro™ must be a Supervisor. If the user logged in is not a supervisor, you can only view existing stock transfers.
NOTE: to use Stock Transfers in conjunction with QuickBooks®, you will need to run QuickBooks® Enterprise with Advanced Inventory.
For more information on creating a user login for Solid Sales Pro™, please read Solid Know How™ Article #278 Setting Up Passwords for Solid Sales Pro.
SolidRouteAccounting.comYou will need to enable Stock Transfers for the mobiles to do this:
- Log in to SolidRouteAccounting.com
- Navigate to the Mobiles screen
- Select the mobile to edit, and click on [Edit]
- Place a check-mark next to "Can create Stock Transfers"
- Click on [Save]
Solid Sales Pro™
- First, log into Solid Sales Pro™, and from the 0000 Main Menu, tap on [Stock Operations / Create Stock Transfer].
- From the 2400 Create Stock Transfer screen, tap the [Change] button to select the source and destination warehouse/cost centers from the drop-down list.
- To begin the inventory transfer creation process, select [Add].
- On the 2410 Add Items screen, start adding items to this Inventory Transfer. Items are added to this transfer in the same way that they are added to an invoice. Inventory can be either added by barcode scanning from this screen, use the [+] button to manually add items from a list, or enter a value into the quantity boxes.
- On the 2415 Item Details screen, the "Currently in" field shows the quantity in the selected cost center, and the "Qty to Transfer" field is used to enter the amount being either transferred to or from the other cost center. Like creating an invoice transaction, positive quantities indicate the inventory is being taken out from the source warehouse/cost center and transferred to the destination warehouse/cost center. To bring inventory onto this truck/cost center, use negative quantities (just like accepting an item return from a customer).
- Once all items have been added from the 2410 Add Items screen, use the [Back] button to return to the 2400 Create Stock Transfer screen.
- Use the [Save] button to save this Inventory Transfer to the mobile computer's memory and apply the quantity changes to this mobile computer. Once saved, sync the mobile computer at the nearest opportunity to apply this transfer throughout Solid Route Accounting™.
Now that the mobile(s) have synchronized the stock transfers to SolidRouteAccounting.com, you will need to export these stock transfers to the accounting system, such as QuickBooks®. To do this:
- Open Solid Fusion™
- Click on the [Sync Now]
- Solid Fusion™ will now export Stock Transfers to the accounting system