The most concise method of administration-controlled special pricing available for Solid Route Accounting™ for QuickBooks is to use the Price Levels available within QuickBooks. For questions regarding this feature, including pricing, please contact a Solid Product Specialist who will be happy to assist you.
To Create a Price Level:
- To set up Price Levels, begin by opening the QuickBooks company file.
- From the menu options at the top, select 'Lists', followed by 'Price Level List'.
- Use the [Price Level] button at the bottom of this lists window, and select 'New'.
- Give this list a name in the 'Price Level Name' field, and then ensure the 'Price Level Type' is set to 'Per Item'. NOTE: This will not work if the type is set to 'Fixed %'.
- From the list of items shown below this, click to put a checkmark beside the items that'll be added to this list in the checkmark column. All items can be added at once using the 'Mark All' checkbox beneath the item list.
- The prices of the selected items can be automatically adjusted based on a straight percentage by changing the values in the 'Adjust price of marked items' line, and once set, use the [Adjust] button. After the [Adjust] button has been pressed, prices can be manually set by entering them in the 'Custom Price' column associated with those items.
- When all is set for this Price Level, use the [OK] button to save this list, and return to the list of Price Levels. Add any other Price Lists in the same way.
To Assign a Customer to a Price Level:
- In the QuickBooks company file, select and view the details of a customer record to assign to a Price List.
- While viewing the customer record, select the 'Additional Info' tab, and look for the 'Price Level' field.
- Use the drop-down 'Price Level' list and select the appropriate Price Level for this customer to be assigned to. Use the [OK] button when ready to apply this customer to this Price Level, and repeat these steps for all other customers that need to be added to price levels.
- Once customers have been assigned to Price Levels, open up Solid Fusion™ and use the [Sync Now] button to apply these changes for the next time the handheld computers sync. The special pricing should be readily visible when adding items to an invoice for those customers.