Solid Business Central™ now has the ability to email transactions to customers and suppliers. In order to be able to email transactions from Solid Business Central™ to customer and/or suppliers you will first need to make a few configuration changes.
Email Server Settings:
The first step is to configure your email server settings. This is done by navigating to [System / Configure / Company / Email Srv].
These setting can be obtained from you email service provider or you IT system administrator. Here is what the various fields mean:
- From email: this is the email account from which the email will be sent. This will typically be your business email address.
- SMTP server: this is the email server’s URL.
- SMTP port: this is the SMTP port number, typically 25, 465 or 587. Please check with you IT system administrator.
- Requires SSL: if your email server requires the data to be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) then set this option to "Yes".
- Requires login: if your email server requires login credentials then set this option to "Yes". This will display 2 additional fields that will need to be completed.
- Login: this is the login to the email server.
- Password: This is the password for the login user. Note passwords are generally case sensitive.
Next, you will need to enable the email settings on a per workstation level. To do this, navigate to [System / Configure / Workstation]:
- Select the corresponding workstation number, and press "Ctrl-End".
- Navigate to the "Can Email" field and if this workstation is allowed to email transaction, change it to "Yes".
- Press "Ctrl-End" to save the changes.
Customer and Supplier Email Addresses:
Now you will need to enter and store customer and/or supplier email addresses into Solid Business Central™. This can be done in two ways:
- By editing the customer/supplier record and entering up to two email addresses, a "To Email" and a "CC Email" address. To add email address from the Customer screen press "F3" for E/Mail options.
- By mailing a transaction, and entering a "To Email" and/or "CC Email" address(s) and then saving them to the customer/supplier record.
After creating a transaction and the workstation is allowed to email transaction you will be presented with the Choose Printer screen. To email the transaction select the [Email] option.
You will then be presented with the Please Add or Confirm Email Address screen, if email addresses are available for the customer/supplier they will be pre-populated on this screen. If this screen does not display any email address you can enter them. When pressing "Ctrl-End" the system will prompt you whether or not to save the changes to the customer/supplier record.