Before you Begin
Before beginning, please review the Solid KnowHow™ Article #34 Solid Route Accounting Hardware Specifications/Recommendations.
Solid Route Accounting™ for QuickBooks®: Please take note of the following:
- Do not change your QuickBooks® company file in any way, such as adding/deleting items and/or customers, exporting and/or importing data, etc.
- Install your QuickBooks® company file into the same location as on the old computer system.
If these are unavoidable, please get in touch with our Solid Client Services team.
Transferring your Data
Regarding the transfer of your existing Solid Route Accounting™ program to a new computer system, here are the steps that we would recommend you follow:
- Synchronize all mobile handheld devices on your old system.
- If applicable, perform your EDI submission to ensure that all transactions are brought into the system.
- Note down your Solid Route Accounting™ product key:
- Click on [Start / All Programs / Solid Route Accounting / Activation]
- Note down your product key, i.e. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
- Click [Cancel]
- Create a current full backup of the Solid Route Accounting™ system by starting Solid Business Central™ and selecting the [System / Backup / Full] menu option.
- Exit from all Solid Route Accounting™ applications and suspend any further Solid Route Accounting activity on your old computer system.
- Transfer the backup to the new computer. We have found that using a USB memory stick works best overall and is simplest.
- On the new computer, create a folder called C:\Si and restore your backup into this folder.
The Solid Route Accounting™ software is available for downloading from the Solid Innovation website. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended for downloading.
- Please get in touch with a Solid Product Specialist to obtain a software download link. Click on the [Download] link. Choose to [Save] the installer to a hard drive location on your computer. The desktop is a convenient location to select.
- Locate and double-click on the SolidRouteAccountingXX-YY-ZZZZZZ.exe file (where XX-YY-ZZZZZZ is the edition and version information) to begin the installation wizard.
- Follow the prompts on the screen, clicking the [Next] button to continue.
- When presented with the program license agreement, read through it and if you agree to the terms, click on [I Agree], then click [Next] to continue.
- When presented with the 'Select Installation Folder', enter the appropriate drive and folder location to install the program (the default is C:\Si). Click on the [Browse...] button if it is necessary to change the installation folder, then click on [Next] to continue.
- Click on [Next] to confirm and begin the installation process.
- Once all updated program files have been installed, you will be prompted to enter your software product key. Enter your software product key that you recorded above, and then click on [Next].
- Once activation has completed and the "Done" message displays, click on [Close].
- When the installation is complete, the 'Installation Complete' window should pop up. Click [Close].
- Start Solid Business Central™ and perform any upgrade procedures if prompted.
- Start Solid Fusion™ and click on [Sync Now] to perform a full data exchange with your ERP accounting system.
- Now synchronize all mobile units.
A Project Manager can be assigned to assist you with this upgrade; however, such services are not covered under the standard service agreement and are billable per hour (minimum 1-hour booking).
For information on licensing or assistance with the Installation / Upgrade procedures, please do not hesitate to contact our Solid Client Services team at 1-888-667-3769, then press 1 (within North America), contact a Solid Product Specialist or fax us at +1 (639) 631-2025.
NOTE: You must have a paid-up support agreement to receive assistance.