Answer: In Solid Route Accounting™ - Enterprise Edition where Multiple Taxes have been enabled, if a Customer Record has been assigned to the Tax ID of a Tax Item instead of a Tax Group, the taxes will be lumped into the generic 'Sales Tax' heading. To change this so that the taxes will print as the Tax Group ID or the individual Tax Item IDs that make up that Tax Group, we need to replace the current Tax Item with a Tax Group. By following the steps below, this change can be made without making any additional changes to the Customer, Inventory, or Supplier Records.
- The first step is to identify the Tax Item that the Customer Record belongs to. To do this, navigate in Solid Business Central™ to [Datafile / Customer / View] and display a Customer Record with 'Sales Tax' printing on their invoices instead of the actual Tax IDs. Make a note of the Tax Item listed in its 'Tax ID' field.
- Next, from the base menu, navigate to [System / Configure / Company / Tax Group] and review the Tax Group records. If any of the Tax Groups have this 'Tax Item' listed in their 'Allocated Tax Items' window (on the right), use [F2 – Edit] to make changes to this Tax Group and use the [Tab] key to move to the 'Allocated Tax Items' window. Highlight the Tax Item and use the [-] Minus key to move it to the 'Unallocated Tax Items' window. Make a note of this Tax Group's Tax ID, then use [CTRL+END] to save this change, and repeat this step for all other Tax Groups.
- Once all the Tax Groups no longer have this Tax Item allocated to them, In Solid Business Central™, navigate to [System / Configure / Company / Tax Item] and display this Tax Item's Record. Copy down its information, and then use the [Delete] key to delete this Tax Item so we can recreate it with a different 'Tax ID'.
- Now, use the [Insert] key to recreate this Tax Item as a new record. In the 'Tax Item' field, enter in a slightly different Tax ID than the original Tax Item was called. For example, if the Tax Item was originally called 'GST', then name it something like 'GTAX'. Continue by filling in all the other fields with the same information as before. Once all this Tax Item's information has been entered, use [CTRL+END] to save this new Tax Item and [Escape] from the Tax Items area.
- Next go to [System / Configure / Company / Tax Group], and use the [Insert] key to add a new Tax Group. In the 'Tax Group' field, enter in the same Tax ID as the original Tax Item had, and then give it a 'Description' and set the 'Print Items' field to 'Y-Yes'.
- The new Tax Item we just created should be visible in the 'Unallocated Tax Items' window. As it shows in the menu along the bottom, highlight this Tax Item and use the Plus Key [+] to add it to the 'Allocated Tax Items' window to the right. Save this Tax Group with [CTRL+END] to complete this setup.
- Now review the other Tax Group records. If any of the Tax Groups had this 'Tax Item' listed in their 'Allocated Tax Items' window previously, use [F2 - Edit] to make changes to this Tax Group. From the 'Unallocated Tax Items' window, highlight the new Tax Item and use the Plus Key [+] to move it to the 'Allocated Tax Items' window on the right. Use [CTRL+END] to save this change, and repeat this step for all other Tax Groups that need this Tax Item assigned to them.
Without making any additional changes to Customer, Inventory, or Supplier Records, this Tax ID should now print correctly on their invoices and transactions.