Solid Route Accounting™ is made up of 3 parts:
- Solid Fusion™ which is the link between the accounting system (e.g. QuickBooks®, SYSPRO, etc.).
- SolidRouteAccounting.com the web management interface to configure and control you overall system.
- Solid Sales Pro™ the mobile application installed on you Android or iOS mobile computer.
There are two different sets to synchronizations that happen in Solid Route Accounting™:
- The first is between the ERP system and the cloud (SolidRouteAccounting.com); this is done by Solid Fusion™.
- The second is between Solid Sales Pro™ on the mobile and the cloud (SolidRouteAccounting.com); this is done by Solid Sales Pro™.
This Solid Know How™ article describe the latter synchronization process.
Solid Sales Pro™ synchronization
When a network connection is available, whether Wi-Fi or cellular data network, Solid Sales Pro™ synchronizes transactions and data with the cloud (SolidRouteAccounting.com) in one of two manners:
- A complete sync, this means it will first upload any transactions that have not yet been synced to the server. Then it will download the latest customer, product, quantities, pricing and tax data.
- An upload only, this happens after each transaction is saved, and will only upload transactions not yet been synced to the cloud.
If no network connection is available Solid Sales Pro™ will continue working with the current data.
A complete sync happens in the following cases:
- On Solid Sales Pro™ application start-up
- At start of the day and before Solid Sales Pro™ login, if mobile login is enabled
- After the Day/Trip End processing
- After Solid Sales Pro™ logout, if mobile login is enabled
- On demand by tapping [Settings / Sync Now]
To ensure that mobiles do synchronize every so often, the system defines a maximum number of days that a mobile can operate without synchronizing. This is defined on the Settings page on SolidRouteAccounting.com, and can be any value between 1 and 20 days (the default is 10).
Solid Route Accounting™ has two different sync methods:
- Automatic: with this sync method Solid Sales Pro™ will perform a full sync (upload and download) on application start up. Also it will upload transactions after saving and printing it.
- On Demand: with this sync method Solid Sales Pro™ will only sync when taping on [Settings / Sync Now].
You can select the sync method at two locations on SolidRouteAccounting.com:
- On a company level on the Settings page, which will mean all mobiles will use the same sync method.
- On a per mobile basis on the Mobiles screen where you can select one of 3 options:
- Use Company setting (default)
- On demand
Question: Does the mobile need to be on-line (Wi-Fi or cellular data) to work?
No, once the mobile has synchronized, it does not need to be online for Solid Sales Pro™ to work. The only time it requires an Internet connection is during the synchronization process with the server.