Answer: By assigning a customer record as the Branch Office of a Head Office customer record, billing for credit invoices can be directed to that Head Office, even though the inventory was delivered and the sale was made at the Branch Office customer record's location. In this situation, the balance for such an invoice would be added to the Head Office customer record's account, where payment for said invoice can be applied through a Received On Account transaction. However, how this Branch Office / Head Office customer relationship is created varies slightly depending on the Solid Route Accounting™ business system being used.
Enterprise Edition Users:
- In Solid Business Central™, at [Datafile / Customer / View], view the Head Office customer record and write down its 'Cust No' customer number.
- Now view or create the customer record that needs to be assigned to this Head Office.
- For an existing customer record, use [F2 - Edit] to make changes to this record, and ensure the 'H/O?' field is set to 'N' as it is not or no longer a Head Office customer record. To the right of this 'H/O?' field, replace the customer number displayed there with the Head Office's customer number.
- If this is a new customer record, leave the 'H/O?' field as 'N', and in the field to the right of this, enter the Head Office's customer number.
- When ready, save the customer record with [CTRL+END] and resume operations. Sync the handheld computers to send this change to them as well.