Answer: Customer Price Groups (CPG) allow customer records to be conveniently grouped for special pricing and reporting purposes. Unlike a Head Office / Branch Office scenario where one customer record depends on the other for such things as billing, CPGs can group customer records without making them dependent. Like this, they are quite similar to Customer Route Groups in that they serve no other purpose than to conveniently group customer records together.
Once customer records have been added to a CPG, all those customer records can be included in a Special Price List or sales report by simply adding the CPG's ID tag instead of adding each customer record. Using CPGs can reduce the time spent on such administration tasks and reduce errors by ensuring all needed customer records are always added correctly to Special Price Lists and reports. For information on creating and assigning CPGs, please follow the steps below pertaining to the Solid Route Accounting™ business system being used.
To Create a Customer Price Group:
- In Solid Business Central™, navigate to [Datafile / Customer / Price Group] to display the 'Customer Price Group Window', and use the [Insert] key to add a new record.
- In the Price Group' field, enter a one to six-character ID tag for this CPG. This ID tag should be easy to remember and instantly identify why its customer records are grouped. For example, 'SPLVL1' may work for 'Special Pricing Level 1' or 'NWCUST' for North Western Customers.
- In the 'Desc' field, enter in a longer, legible description for this CPG. For example, 'Special Pricing Level 1' from the previous step. Lastly, an additional 'Note' can be entered as well if needed. When all is set, use [CTRL+END] to save this new CPG.
To Add Customer Records to a Customer Price Group:
- In Solid Business Central™, navigate to [Datafile / Customer / View] and view a customer record to be added to this CPG.
- Use [F2 - Edit] to make changes to this record, and in the 'CPG' field, enter in the ID tag of the CPG this record belongs. When finished, use [CTRL+END] to save this record and continue adding all other desired customer records to this CPG in the same way.