Answer: Customer Route Groups (CRG) are numbers that can be assigned to customer records to group them together for purposes of sales, reporting, routing, and many other grouping needs. By assigning a single Customer Route Group to a mobile unit record, for example, only customers belonging to that CRG will be visible on route sales person's handheld computer, which speeds up how quickly they can find the stop that they're at from within their customer list. Multiple CRGs can be assigned to a single mobile unit record and a single CRG can be assigned to multiple mobile unit records, allowing for great amount of flexibility in assigning customers to route sales people. To learn how to create and assign new CRGs read the instructions below for the Solid Route Accounting™ business system being used.
Customer Route Groups can also be used to report on all customers assigned to them by various reports throughout Solid Route Accounting™ business systems. They're also useful for assigning groups of customers to Special Price Lists for seasonal sales, permanent discounts, or item exclusivity through an Approved Product List for Enterprise Edition users. For more information regarding using CRGs in this way, view the tutorials or read further information about these features, for the Solid Route Accounting™ business system being used.
Enterprise Edition Users:
To create a new Customer Route Group:
- In Solid Business Central™, navigate to [Datafile / Customer / Route Group], and use the [Insert] key to add a new record.
- Enter in a 'Code' for this CRG, as well as a 'Description'. If this is all the information needed, use [CTRL+END] to save this new record.
- If using the Solid General Ledger™, an 'Account' for this CRG can be given, or it can be blocked from integration to the Solid General Ledger™ by setting the 'Integration Block' field to Y.
- Optionally, the 'Print Information' field is where a message can be written to print on special invoice types I1, I2, S1, and S2, which will print above and to the right of the company name.
To assign existing customers to a CRG:
- In Solid Business Central™, navigate to [Datafile / Customer / View] and view the desired customer record.
- Use [F2 – Edit] to make changes to this record, and in the 'RT' field enter in the desired CRG number. Save the change with [CTRL+END].
To control what customers show on the handheld computers by assigning CRGs to mobile unit records:
- In Solid Business Central™, navigate to [Datafile / Cost Center / Mobile] and view the mobile unit record that needs to be adjusted.
- Use [F2 - Edit] to make changes to the record, and find the 'Customer Groups to Load' field at the top, mid screen. Beneath this text is the field where CRGs can be specified.
- To load all CRGs onto this mobile unit record, the word 'ALL' can be simply entered here.
- To specify a single group, simply enter in that CRG's number (ex: '001').
- To specify a range, separate the beginning and end number for the range with a dash (ex: '001-004').
- To specify multiple individual groups, separate them with commas (ex: '001,003,004').
- Once entered, use [CTRL+END] to save any changes, and sync the handheld computer to apply them to Solid Sales Pro™.
for QuickBooks Users:
Please see the details in following Solid Know How™ articles on how to configure CRG in QuickBooks:
Article #250 Preparing your QuickBooks Company File for Solid Route Accounting