Customer Route Sheets with Sales History allows route sales staff to receive summarized historical sales data to allow them to make informed sales decisions based on the customer’s historical sales, returns, and on-hand quantities. It also allows them to monitor spoilage rates on perishable products and optimize return ratios.
Optionally configured for each Mobile Unit record, this information is updated to the mobile each time they sync and, as transactions (both sales and returns) are conducted on the mobile, Solid Sales Pro™ will continue to maintain the Sales History values until the next connect session.
While servicing a customer (i.e. store account), the route sales staff can optionally enter the amount on the shelf (Quantity on Hand at the Customer) along with Sales Order Quantities and Credit/Return Quantities all on the one convenient screen. Solid Sales Pro™ will suggest an order quantity for that item based on the quantities entered above and on historical data. Once the Customer Route Sheet has been completed, the proposed order, with Sales and Credits, is generated with a single button click. Note that the order can still be modified until finalized.
For more information and pricing on this optionally licensed feature, please contact a Solid Product Specialist.
To get started follow these steps:
- Email a Solid Product Specialist to ensure your company is licensed. Please note that a complementary 15 day demo license is available on a one-time basis to existing clients.
- Once you receive the confirmation email, log into SolidRouteAccounting.com
- Navigate to the Settings screen
- Under the Mobile Settings section enable the Route Sheets feature
- Then define the history period - the default is the last 5 visits/transactions. The range is 1 to 10 depending on company settings:
- Last x transactions
- Last x weeks
- Last x months
- Now define the Suggested Quantity Calculation formula:
- Average Sales - calculates the average quantity sold over the history period
- Average Sales with Multiplier - calculates the average quantity sold over the history period and multiplies the result with a multiplier.
- Build-to - uses the predefined build-to values to determine sales quantity, i.e. build-to qty less on-hand qty plus return qty
- If you selected the Multiplier calculation method define the multiplier value (range 0 to 2)
- Define the number of quantity decimals to use, range 0 to 3.
- Click on [Save]
- Now navigate to the Mobiles screen
- Select the appropriate mobile and click on [Edit]
- To enable the "Route Sheets" feature select from the 3 options:
- Use Company Settings
- Optionally enable the "Route Sheets: Set Build To"
- Click on [Save]
NOTE: When you initially enable Route Sheets, the summarization process runs overnight. This means you need to enable and configure Route Sheets. Then, after the overnight run and mobile computers have synchronized, historical information will be available.
Solid Sales Pro™
A new [Route Sheets] button will be displayed on the 1100 Create Transaction which takes the user to the 1160 Customer Route Sheet screen.
The 1160 Customer Route Sheet screen provides a list of items sold over the past ‘x’ visits as previously defined in the company configuration screen.
You can choose from three different filters with respect to displaying Customer Route Sheet inventory records:
- All Products: Displays all inventory records regardless of historical information being available or not.
- Hist. Prod. (default): Displays only inventory records that have historical information available for the selected customer for the visit period.
- Approved Products: if licensed, displays only inventory that exists on an Approved Product List (APL) for the selected customer.
Use the "Filter Items..." text box to search for a particular inventory item.
Now enter the quantity on-hand, and the number of items to return in the respective columns and the system will adjust the Sale Qty accordingly. Should it be necessary you can always adjust the Sale Qty manually to the desired value.
Tapping on the right arrow at the end of each line item will display the 1135 Item Details screen with more information on the selected inventory item, as well as the historical transaction data.
Once all the quantities have been entered, tap on the [Save] button. This will validate and generate the proposed sale transaction based on the route sheet information entered, and then returns you to the 1100 Create Transaction screen to complete the transaction.
Note: when a transaction includes returns, a separate Credit transaction will be generated. When signature capture is enabled for transactions the system may prompt you for 2 signatures in a row, once for the sale transaction and one for the credit transaction.