Multi-location Inventory Control is part of the Enterprise Feature set of Solid Route Accounting™ which allows inventory tracking across multiple fixed and/or mobile sites.
In order for this feature to work optimally you will need to make the following configuration changes in your accounting system:
- Create an inventory site for the main warehouse
- Optionally, create an inventory site for any alternate supply warehouses
- Create an inventory site for each mobile warehouse
- Optionally, one or more damaged returns warehouse
Note for QuickBooks® Users:
This feature requires QuickBooks® Enterprise with Advanced Inventory.
Solid Route Accounting™ Configuration
In Solid Route Accounting™ navigate to the Mobiles screen and assign each mobile the following various warehouses:
- Default Warehouse: this is the mobile warehouses for the selected mobile record.
- Good Return Warehouse: when products are returned in good condition, this generally means that the item can be resold; they are assigned to this warehouse. Generally this is the same as the Default Warehouse.
- Damaged Return Warehouse: when products are returned in damaged or expired condition, they will be returned to this warehouse.
Order Supply Warehouse: when creating Orders on the mobile it generally means that the salesperson does not have sufficient stock on hand to fulfil a customer's order and will need to have the order fulfilled by the Main/Supply Warehouse.
To configure multiple return warehouses based on item category/product line/department please see Article #329 Multiple Return Warehouses.
For details on how to take product returns in Solid Sales Pro™ please see Article#295 Taking Product Returns with Return Code.
Now that Solid Route Accounting™ has been configured for multi-location inventory control; the attached document SolidInventoryMngmtforQB.pdf describes the process of implementing Inventory Management in your company.