Delivery Confirmation is an optionally licensed feature of Solid Route Accounting™.
Delivery Confirmation allows Customer Orders, saved within the system (i.e.: on another mobile, on this mobile, or in the accounting system) to be assigned to a Mobile Unit for delivery and finalization as an Invoice. During the finalization process, items can be added, deleted, changed, including prices (depending on security settings) to the Customer Order. In addition, sales reps can obtain customer signatures, print invoices, record location, attach pictures, or conduct a custom survey.
By using Delivery Confirmation, when the route salesperson delivers the product, they are finalizing the original Customer Order as an Invoice. This prevents data entry mistakes and speeds up the delivery processes.
For more information on Delivery Confirmation and how it can benefit your company, please contact a Solid Product Specialist who'll be happy to further assist you.
Since Delivery Confirmation works in conjunction with Customer Orders, please be familiar with how to create Customer Orders prior to proceeding with this article.
For Solid Business Central™ clients:
To enable a Mobile Unit Record for Delivery Confirmation, please read Solid Know How™ Article #235 Finalizing Customer Orders through Delivery Confirmation.
For QuickBooks® clients:
How to assign or un-assign Customer Orders for Delivery Confirmation:
- Once some Customer Orders have been created, they can be assigned (or un-assigned) for Delivery Confirmation within SolidRouteAccounting.com by navigating to [Transactions / Delivery Confirmation].
- When looking at a Customer Order in this screen, the 'Send to Mobile' field shows the mobile that this Customer Order will be assigned to on that handheld computer's next sync. If this 'Send to Mobile' field is 'None', then the order will not be assigned to a mobile.
- Perform the following steps for whichever action to be made:
- To Assign a Customer Order for Delivery Confirmation: Locate the desired Customer Order and use the drop-down list to assign it to a Mobile Unit number.
- To Un-Assign a Customer Order for Delivery Confirmation: Locate the desired Customer Order and select 'None' from the drop-down list. On this mobile's next sync, the Customer Order will be unassigned.
- To Re-Assign a Customer Order to a Different Mobile Unit Number: Locate the desired assigned Customer Order and use the drop-down list to change which Mobile Unit number it is assigned to.
- Save all changes by clicking [Save] and sync the handheld computers these changes will affect to update them with this information.
Once the Customer Orders are synced to the mobile computers for Delivery Confirmation, they can then be modified and finalized as completed invoices. For more information on how to modify and finalize Customer Orders, please read Solid Know How Article #314: How to Modify or Finalize Customer Orders.
- Location Tracking - Solid Route Accounting™ will automatically record the location where the transaction is finalized. This information is accessed from the Trip Report Article #311 Trip Report.
- Attach Pictures - When finalizing a transaction, pictures may also be added. For details see Article #310 Attaching Pictures to Transactions.
- Custom Survey - A survey can also be conducted. For more information see Article #292 Solid Survey™.