Do you ever wonder where you route sales people travel? With Solid Route Accounting™ - Cloud Edition and the appropriate mobile devices you will be able to generate a Trip Report, which will show you on a map where a sales people have travelled and what transactions were created along the way.
To generate a Trip Report:
- Login to SolidRouteAccounting.com
- Navigate to [Reports / Trip]
- From the drop-down list select the mobile to report on
- Select a start and end date
- Click on [Update]
The markers show where the sales person generated a transaction. Click on the marker to obtain more information:
- Transaction number – to view the transaction detail just click on the transaction number
- Transaction type
- Date and time
- Transaction total
Why does my Trip Report not generate a Map?
There could be a number of reasons why no map is generated. The most common reason is that there is no transaction location data available for the selected period and mobile.
If you know transactions were created by the selected mobile for the specified period, then it means that "Location Services" are not enabled on the mobile. See section below for details.
Another reason is that at the time of saving the transaction, the location was not known. This may be due poor GPS signal reception in build up areas, or an accurate location was not yet pinpointed by the mobile’s GPS system.
To enable "Location Services" on a mobile follow these steps:
For Android devices
- Open the mobile's Settings app
- Select [Location services]
- Depending on the mobile's capabilities there are two methods that a device receives location information:
- Using Google's location service which relies on Wi-Fi and mobile networks to get an approximate location
- GPS satellites for a more accurate location
Select which method to use for location services.
Note: using GPS satellites is more battery intensive and vehicle charging is suggested.
For iOS devices
- Tap on [Settings]
- Select [Privacy]
- Select [Location Services]
- Enable Location Services, and if necessary enable it on the application level for "Sales Pro"