Approved Products List (APL) allows only authorized products to be sold to assigned customers, as well as keeping special pricing. APL will allow you to specify and "limit" the products being sold to a customer or group of customers. For more information on this optionally licensed feature, please do not hesitate to email a Solid Innovation Product Specialist or call 1-888-667-3769 ext 2.
The first step is to have a QuickBooks® Per Item Price Level already created, which can then be assigned to a customer or group of customers and then be designated as an APL.
Note: Per Item Price Levels are availble in QuickBooks® Premier and Enterprise. For more information on Price Levels please read: Article #296 QuickBooks® Price Levels
To designate an assigned customer Price Level as an APL, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks®, open the customer record.
- Select the [Additional Information] tab.
- Click on [Define Fields].
- Enter "APL" as the label of the field.
- Put a checkmark under the Use for Customer column, and for the "What kind of data?" column select "User's multi-choice list" or "Any text", and then click [OK].
- If you have selected "User's multi-choice list", define a list containing "True/False" or "Yes/No". Then select "True" or "Yes" to designate this customer to use the Price Level as an APL.
- If you have selected "Any text" enter "True" or "Yes" into the custom field to designate this to use the Price Level as an APL.
- Run Solid Fusion™ so that your changes are uploaded to SolidRouteAccounting.com.
Enabling Approved Product Lists:
Next, log into SolidRouteAccounting.com:
- Select the Setting tab.
Under the Solid Fusion™ Settings section, for the "APL Field Name" field select the newly created QuickBooks® custom field from the drop down list.
Under the Mobile Setting section, to enable APL for your company check the "Allow APL" field.
- Finally, click [Save].
To enable/disable the Approved Product List feature on a per mobile basis navigate to the Mobiles section, select the particular mobile record and change the "Allow APL" field accordingly.
Solid Sales Pro™:
The last step is to synchronize your mobile(s) for these changes to take effect.
For a customer whose Price Level was designated as an Approved Product List, the 1131 Add Items screen in Solid Sales Pro™ will only display these approved products.