Before you Begin
Prior to beginning, please review the Solid KnowHow™ Article #34 Solid Route Accounting Hardware Specifications/Recommendations.
Solid Route Accounting™ Enterprise Edition: We recommend you install a 32-bit version of the Windows operating system. If you require a 64-bit Windows OS for other reasons, in order to run Solid Business Central™ on a 64-bit Windows system, you will need to setup a Windows XP virtual machine. With Windows 7 Professional and higher, this is supported natively. Review the Solid Know How™ Article #182 Windows XP Mode Guide for Installing Enterprise Edition on Windows 7 64-bit Operating Systems (OS) for instructions on how to setup XP mode in Windows 7.
Solid Route Accounting™ for QuickBooks®: Please take note of the following:
- Do not change your QuickBooks® company file in any way, such as adding/deleting items and/or customers, exporting and/or importing data, etc.
- Install your QuickBooks® company file into the same location as on the old computer system.
If these are unavoidable, please contact our Solid Client Services team.
Transferring your Data
Regarding the transfer of your existing Solid Route Accounting™ program to a new computer system, here are the steps that we would recommend you follow:
- synchronize all mobile handheld devices on your old system.
- If applicable, perform your EDI submission to ensure that all transactions are brought into the system.
- Note down your Solid Route Accounting™ product key:
- Click on [Start / All Programs / Solid Route Accounting / Activation]
- Note down your product key, i.e. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
- Click [Cancel]
- Create a current full backup of the Solid Route Accounting™ system by starting Solid Business Central™ and selecting the [System / Backup / Full] menu option or starting Solid Mobile Central™ and selecting the [Backup] menu option.
- Exit from all Solid Route Accounting™ applications and suspend any further Solid Route Accounting activity on your old computer system.
- Transfer the backup to the new computer. We have found that using a USB memory stick works best overall and is simplest.
- On the new machine create a folder called C:\Si and restore your backup into this folder.
The Solid Route Accounting™ software is available for downloading from the Solid Innovation website. A DSL or Cable high speed Internet connection is recommended for downloading. If you do not have an Internet connection or are using a Dialup Internet service, please contact Solid Client Services for assistance.
- Please email a Solid Product Specialist to obtain a software download link. Click on the [Download] link. Choose to [Save] the installer to a hard drive location on your computer. The desktop is a convenient location to select.
- Locate and double-click on the SolidRouteAccountingXX-YY-ZZZZZZ.exe file (where XX-YY-ZZZZZZ is the edition and version information) to begin the installation wizard.
- Follow the prompts on the screen clicking the [Next] button to continue.
- When presented with the program license agreement, read through it and if you agree to the terms, click on [I Agree] then click [Next] to continue.
- When presented with the 'Select Installation Folder', enter the appropriate drive and folder location to install the program to (default C:\Si). Click on the [Browse...] button if it is necessary to change the installation folder then click on [Next] to continue.
- Click on [Next] to confirm and begin the installation process.
Once all updated program files have been installed, you will be prompted to enter your software product key. Enter your software product key that you recorded above, and then click on [Next].
NOTE: if you are upgrading from Solid Route Accounting™ 9 or higher, the system should recall your software product key. If you are upgrading from Solid Route Accounting™ 2007 or earlier, please contact the Solid Client Services team for assistance.
- Once activation has completed and the “Done” message displays, click on [Close].
- When the installation is complete, the 'Installation Complete' window should pop up. Click [Close].
- Start Solid Business Central™/Solid Mobile Central™ and perform any upgrade procedures if prompted.
- Clients running Solid Route Accounting – Integration Edition (QB, FACTS, Dynamics 3i or other), start Solid Fusion™ and click on [Run] to perform a full data exchange with your ERP Accounting system. NOTE: This step does not apply to Solid Route Accounting – Enterprise Edition (Solid Business Central) systems.
- Start Solid MultiConnect™ and syncronize all mobile units.
If you have been using Wi-Fi connections, please refer to the following two Solid KnowHow articles to assist you in configuring your mobile handheld devices:
A Project Manager can be assigned to assist you with this upgrade; however, such services are not covered under the standard service agreement and are billable per hour (minimum 1 hour booking).
For information on licensing or assistance with the Installation / Upgrade procedures, please do not hesitate to contact our Solid Client Services team at 1-888-667-3769 then press 1 (within North America), email a Solid Product Specialist or fax us at 1-612-547-0088.
NOTE: You must have a paid up support agreement to receive assistance.