Answer: Although Part Numbers and Item Descriptions may work great internally for keeping track of Inventory Items, often the customers the product is delivered to prefer a tracking method that’s more uniform, regardless of what company is delivering the product. For that reason, barcodes play an important role in their inventory tracking, and having that barcode information printing on the invoice, along with the other important information, is critical to keeping their business organized. Due to the space available on the popular 4” wide slip invoice style though, this feature is not enabled by default, but luckily making this change is as simple as changing a single setting within Solid Route Accounting.
- Open Solid Business Central and navigate to [System / Configure / Slip].
- The ‘Print Part # or UPC Code’ option controls Barcode number printing. Change this setting to:
- ‘B – Both’ to print both the Part Number and Barcode Number on the invoice.
- ‘U – UPC only’ to print only the Barcode number on the invoice in place of the Part Number.
- Once set as desired, use [CTRL+END] to save this setting, and sync all handheld computers for the change to take effect.