Delivery Confirmation is an optionally licensed feature of Solid Route Accounting – Enterprise Edition that allows Customer Orders saved within the system to be assigned to a Mobile Unit for delivery and finalization as an Invoice. By using Delivery Confirmation, Customer Orders can be accurately picked by printing out a Pick List, and also have the stock accurately transferred to that Mobile Unit via the Auto Stock Transfer. This not only ensures enough product is loaded onto the delivery truck to fulfill the orders, but lastly when the route sales person delivers the product, they are finalizing the original Customer Order as an Invoice. All of this prevents data entry mistakes and speeds up the delivery processes.
For more information on Delivery Confirmation and how it can benefit your company, please contact a Solid Innovation Product Specialist who’ll be happy to further assist you.
Since Delivery Confirmation works in conjunction with Customer Orders, please be familiar with how to create Customer Orders prior to proceeding with this article. For information on how to create Customer Orders, please read Solid Know How Article #233 How to Create Customer Orders.
To enable a Mobile Unit Record for Delivery Confirmation:
- In Solid Business Central, navigate to [Datafile / Cost Center / Mobile] and display a Mobile Unit Record to enable Delivery Confirmation for.
- Use [F2 – Edit] to make changes to this record, and within the ‘Mobile Options’ area, and ensure ‘DelConf’ is set to ‘Y-Yes’. Save any changes with [CTRL+END] and sync the mobile computer assigned to this Mobile Unit Record to apply.
How to assign or un-assign Customer Orders for Delivery Confirmation:
- Once some Customer Orders have been created, they can be assigned (or un-assigned) for Delivery Confirmation within Solid Business Central by navigating to [Sales / Pre-Sell].
- When the ‘Choose Group’ screen displays, although ‘000’ can be entered to manage all Mobile Units simultaneously, it’s easiest to enter the Mobile Unit number to assign or un-assign Customer Orders to. Once entered, use [CTRL+END] to proceed to the ‘Open Orders for Mobile ###’ screen.
- This ‘Open Orders for Mobile’ screen is divided into two halves. The top half displays a list of Customer Orders, while the bottom half displays the ‘Items’ belonging to whichever Customer Order is currently highlighted up top.
- When looking at a Customer Order in this screen, there are three important fields in the top left that display the status of an order:
- ‘Out’: If at ‘N-No’, this Customer Order has not yet been sent to a Mobile Computer. If at ‘Y-Yes’, this Customer Order is currently checked out for Delivery Confirmation by the Mobile Unit number indicated in the ‘By’ column.
- ‘By’: The Mobile Unit number that currently has this Customer Order checked out for Delivery Confirmation.
- ‘Sendto’: The Mobile Unit number that this Customer Order will be assigned to on that mobile computer’s next sync. This is usually the same as the Mobile Unit number in the ‘By’ column, unless the Customer Order has been re-assigned to another Mobile Unit. If this ‘Sendto’ field is blank, then the order is held at the main warehouse 999.
- Perform the following steps for whichever action to be made. Remember to reference the ‘Menu Choices’ along the bottom for further actions that can be taken:
- To Assign a Customer Order for Delivery Confirmation: Highlight the desired Customer Order and use the [Space Bar] to assign it to the Mobile Unit number that was entered when accessing this screen. Alternatively, the [F5 – Asgn Diff] key can be used to specify any other Mobile Unit number licensed for Delivery Confirmation. Once assigned, the Mobile Unit number it is assigned to will show in the ‘Sendto’ column. On this Mobile Unit’s next sync, the ‘Out’ column will change to ‘Y-Yes’, and this Mobile Unit’s number will be entered into the ‘By’ column.
- To Un-Assign a Customer Order for Delivery Confirmation: Highlight the desired Customer Order and use the [Space Bar] to remove the Mobile Unit number from the ‘Sendto’ field. The [F5 – Asgn Diff] key can also be used by deleting the Mobile Unit number that shows. On this mobile computer’s next sync, the Customer Order will return to the main warehouse 999.
- To Re-Assign a Customer Order to a Different Mobile Unit Number: Highlight the desired assigned Customer Order and use the [F5 – Asgn Diff] key to change which Mobile Unit number it is assigned to in the ‘Sendto’ column.
- Save all changes with [CTRL+END] and sync the mobile computers these changes will affect to update them with this information.
Once the Customer Orders are back on the mobile computers for Delivery Confirmation, they can then be modified and finalized as completed invoices. For more information on how to modify and finalize Customer Orders, please read Solid Know How Article #234 How to Modify, Cancel or Finalize Customer Orders.