Graphic images must be saved in .PCX 1-bit color depth format. The maximum image size for the Datamax-O’Neil 4” PrintPad is 832 pixels wide, printing at 203 dots per inch. To install graphic images to the Datamax-O’Neil PrintPad requires the Datamax-O’Neil Printer Configuration Program and an O’Neil printer configuration cable. If you require assistance with converting your company logos into the proper format, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Client Service specialists.
Installing Graphics to the Datamax-O’Neil 4t printer
- Connect the Datamax-O’Neil printer to the COM1 on your computer using the Datamax-O’Neil configuration cable.
- Download the Datamax-O’Neil Printer Configuration Utility Program from the Datamax-O’Neil’s web site. https://www.honeywellaidc.com/products/printers/mobile/microflash-2te-and-4te. In 'Select your product', ensure that the following options are selected:
- microflash 4t/4te
- This should produce a link at the bottom of the page under the Utility section called 'M-Flash Configuration Utility'. Click on this link to display a pop-up window, and from this window click on the link 'PackageBuilder_V1_0_0_6.zip'* to be able to [Save] this file onto a known place on the computer, such as the 'Desktop'.
- Now extract the contents of this saved 'PackageBuilder_V1_0_0_6.zip'* file, and then from those extracted contents then double click on 'DoPackageBuilderSetup.msi' to begin the installation wizard.
- Once installed, double click on the ONeil Configuration Program icon (mflash4.exe) located on your Desktop or Windows Start menu.
- When asked to open the configuration file for your printer, which can be done manually by selecting [File / Open], choose from the list provided or click on [Auto Detect Printer] to have the program detect your printer.
*NOTE: The version number in these names, such as '1_0_0_6', may change as Datamax-O'Neil updates their posted file versions.
- Once you have selected or detected your printer, the main Datamax-O’Neil Printer Configuration screen will appear. Select the [Graphics] tab.
- Click on [Add] and open the graphic image you want to print at the top (header) of the invoice. When presented with the “Object Information” window, enter “SIHDR” as the Name. Enter a “Short name” character and “Description” of your choice then click on OK to save to the ‘New settings’ list.
- Click on [Add] and open the graphic image you want to print at the bottom (footer) of the invoice. When presented with the “Object Information” window, enter “SIFTR” as the Name. Enter a “Short name” character and “Description” of your choice then click on OK to save to the ‘New settings’ list.
- Click on [Append Missing Graphics] to upload the new graphic settings to the printer.