Customer Discounts are not only the easiest type of special pricing available, but they’re also readily available to all Solid Route Accounting for QuickBooks clients. Customer Discounts allow the company to set the upper most limit for an invoice to be discounted by. The route sales people can then grant a customer a discount off of an invoice’s total at the time of sale, within that discount range.
For futher information on this feature, please view the Special Pricing for QuickBooks video tutorial.
- In Solid Mobile Central, navigate to [Mobile / Configuration] and select the desired mobile unit record to allow Customer Discounts for from the list atop the screen. In the ‘Options’ below, ensure there’s a checkmark in the ‘Edit Customer Discount Up to:’ checkbox, and enter in the upper most amount they’re allowed to grant discounts up to. Once set, use the [Apply] button, and follow these same steps for all other mobile unit records that will be able to grant Customer Discounts.
- In Solid Mobile Central, navigate to [Company / Configuration / Fusion], and in the ‘Customer Discount Account’, select the appropriate QuickBooks account to post the Customer Discount amounts to (the amounts discounted off the original invoice totals). Consult with the accountant if necessary, and use the [Apply] button when ready to continue.
- Open up the QuickBooks company file, and Solid Fusion as well. In Solid Fusion, use the [Run] button to Import/Export the change into the QuickBooks company file.
- Inside the QuickBooks company file, under the ‘Lists’ menu option, select ‘Item List’ and find the newly created item called ‘Customer Discounts’. View this item and ensure the ‘Sales Tax Code’ is set to either Tax Exemption or a tax item with a rate of 0.00%. Use [OK] to apply any change.
- In Solid Fusion, use the [Run] button once again to Import/Export this change.
- Sync the handheld computer(s) that this change was made for.
Now, when creating an invoice in Solid Sales Pro, when the invoice is ready to be saved by using the [Save & Print] button on the ‘1100 Create Transaction’ screen, the ‘1150 Save Transaction’ screen will now show an additional field of ‘-Disc’ where the driver can enter in the amount being discounted. The amount they enter will automatically be deducted on screen from the subtotal, and will be reflected in the ‘Total’ field. This information will also be printed as such on the paper invoice, and saved to this invoice’s record.