Answer: Customer Price Groups (CPG) allow customer records to be conveniently grouped together for purposes of special pricing and reporting. Unlike a Head Office / Branch Office scenario where one customer record is dependent upon the other for such things as billing, CPGs can group together customer records without making them dependent. Like this, they’re quite similar to Customer Route Groups in that they serve no other purpose than to conveniently group customer records together.
Once customer records have been added to a CPG, all those customer records can be included in a Special Price List or sales report by simply adding the CPG’s ID tag, instead of having to add each individual customer record. Like this, using CPGs can reduce the time spent on such administration tasks, and also reduce errors by ensuring all needed customer records are always added correctly to Special Price Lists and reports. For information on creating and assigning CPGs, please follow the steps below that pertain to the Solid Route Accounting business system being used.
Enterprise Edition Users:
The below steps can also be viewed by Video Tutorial by viewing the ‘Customer Price Groups (CPG)’ section of Session#2: Datafile Entry – Special Pricing.
To Create a Customer Price Group:
- In Solid Business Central, navigate to [Datafile / Customer / Price Group] to display the ‘Customer Price Group Window’, and use the [Insert] key to add a new record.
- In the ‘Price Group’ field, enter a one to six character ID tag for this CPG. This ID tag should be easy to remember and be able to instantly identify why its customer records are grouped together. For example, for a pricing level, ‘SPLVL1’ may work for ‘Special Pricing Level 1’ or ‘NWCUST’ for North Western Customers.
- In the ‘Desc’ field, enter in a longer, legible description for this CPG. For example, ‘Special Pricing Level 1’ from the previous step. Lastly, an additional ‘Note’ can be entered as well if needed. When all’s set, use [CTRL+END] to save this new CPG.
To Add Customer Records to a Customer Price Group:
- In Solid Business Central, navigate to [Datafile / Customer / View] and view a customer record to be added to this CPG.
- Use [F2 – Edit] to make changes to this record, and in the ‘CPG’ field enter in the ID tag of the CPG this record is to belong to. When finished, use [CTRL+END] to save this record, and continue adding all other desired customer records to this CPG in the same way.