Answer: After a customer’s payment has been received and posted onto their account, a question we’re often asked is how to print a report to show exactly how much has been paid over a time period, and what all invoices were paid along with it. The solution to this question lays in one of the most powerful reports available in Solid Route Accounting – Enterprise Edition of the Bill Analysis Report. This powerful report can not only cover a broad range of reporting needs, but has the ability to be tailored to report on a specific sales transaction type, including Received On Account (ROA) payments, for any desired date range.
- To begin, in Solid Business Central, navigate to [Accounting / Report / Bill Analysis]. Set ‘00’ for the workstation and ‘000’ for the route numbers, unless this report is to be more restrictive than All ROA transactions, and use [CTRL+END] to accept these settings.
- For ‘Choose Order’ select [Date] and set the starting and end date for this report to cover. Notice that this report can also be set for a range of transaction numbers by choosing [Number] instead.
- ‘Print Bill Info’ when set to Y will print a one line summary of each ROA created within the set period, including the transaction number, date of creation, ROA amount, and grand totals at the bottom.
- ‘Print Item Detail’ when set to Y will print also what all invoices make up each ROA’s total, along with each invoice’s individual amount paid, the invoice number, and customer number that the invoice belongs to.
- Set ‘Include ALL bills or one type’ to ‘R’ for ROA. This will include only the ROA type of transactions for that time period.
- All other fields will have no affect on this report. When ready, use [CTRL+END] to print this report.