Answer: Assigning handheld computers to route sales people by way of their Mobile Unit Record is a great way to ensure their responsible for their own hardware, inventory, and sales. By giving them unique passwords, it further ensures that only they and their supervisor have access to their data. Before being able to assign passwords to mobile unit records though, passwords must first be enabled in the system, and employee records created for each employee and supervisor mobile unit records will be assigned to. For assistance with activating passwords, and creating and editing employee records, please read Article #112 How Can I Create and Manage Employee Records.
Enterprise Edition Users:
Once employee records have been created in Solid Business Central, they can then be assigned to a route sales person’s handheld computer by way of its Mobile Unit Record.
- In Solid Business Central, navigate to [Datafile / Cost Center / Mobile] and use the [Page Up] and [Page Down] keys to display the desired Mobile Unit Record.
- Use the [F2 – Edit] key to be able to make changes to this record, and in the ‘Employee’ and ‘Supervsr’ fields in the top left corner, enter in the Employee IDs of the route sales person and their supervisor, respectively.
- Once these fields are set, use [CTRL+END] to save these changes, and sync the handheld computer for the changes to take effect.
To change an employee’s password, in Solid Business Central, navigate to [Datafile / Employee / View] and display the employee record that needs their password changed. Once the record is displayed, use the [F4 – Password] key to enter and confirm the employee’s new password.
Microsoft Dynamics GP Edition,
Dynamic 3i Edition,
Eyewear Genetics Edition,
Integration Edition Users:
To set which employee will be assigned to what Mobile Unit Record:
- In Solid Mobile Central, select [Mobile / Information] and select the desired Mobile Unit Record from the list of records at the top of the screen.
- When the record is displayed below, use the ‘Emp ID’ and ‘Sup ID’ fields to control which route sales person and supervisor this record is to be assigned to respectively.
- Use the [Apply] button to save any changes, and sync the handheld computer associated with this Mobile Unit Record for the changes to take effect.
To change an employee’s password in Solid Mobile Central, select [Employee] and choose the desired employee from the list at the top of the screen. When the employee’s details are displayed in the lower section of the screen, use the [Password] button to be able to change their password.