Answer: Inventory Management is one of the strongest features of Solid Route Accounting – Enterprise Edition. It gives a company complete flexibility in how their inventory is managed throughout their business system, and the ability to receive inventory into any cost center is no exception. How to set which cost center will be receiving the inventory depends on if the Purchase Order (P/O) is being received from inside the Buying screen of Solid Business Central, or by using the licensed feature ‘Buying’ from their handheld computers.
For Buying within Solid Business Central:
- Navigate to [Buying] and select [Buying] once again if a second menu appears to be taken to the Buying screen.
- When creating or receiving an order, set the ‘CC’ field to whichever cost center / warehouse the inventory is being received to. When the order is saved as a Quantity Receipt (Type Q) or a Received Receipt (Type R), the inventory quantities will be applied to that designated cost center.
- For more information on how to create Buying transaction in Solid Business Central, please view the Video Tutorial for Transaction Processing – Creating Buying Transactions.
For Buying within Solid Sales Pro:
- When creating a buying transaction on the ‘5100 Create Transaction’ screen, once the supplier has been selected, tap on the [Set Bill Options] button.
- In this screen, set the ‘CC’ field to whichever cost center / warehouse is going to receive the inventory from this order, and when done, use [OK] to return to the 5100 screen and finish the order.
- When the order is saved as a Quantity Receipt (Type Q) or a Received Receipt (Type R), the inventory quantities will be applied to that designated cost center.