Approved Products List (APL) functionality has been added to Special Price Lists to allow only authorized product to be sold to assigned customers, as well as keeping special pricing. APL will allow you to specify and “Limit” the products being sold to a customer or group of customers. In addition to restricting the list of products sold, you may also allow or disallow a Mobile Unit Record to override an APL's item list. For more information and pricing on this optionally licensed feature, please do not hesitate to contact a Solid Innovation Product Specialist. NOTE: This feature is not available for Solid Sales Pro 2005.
The first step is to have a Special Price List already created, which can then be designated as an APL. For information on creating and modifying Special Price Lists, please read Solid Know How Article #146 How to Make a Special Price List (SPL) in Solid Business Central.
Changing a Special Price List into an Approved Product Lists (APL):
- Navigate in Solid Business Central to [Datafile / Inventory / Special Lists] and display the desired Special Price List to change to an Approved Product List.
- Use the [F2 - Edit] key, and change the 'Approved Product List' field to 'Y-Yes' to make it into an Approved Product List.
- The 'Allow Override' option next to this will prevent any non-APL inventory item from being added to transactions created within Solid Business Central. Setting this to 'Y-Yes' will warn the user that the item being added is a non-APL item and give them the option to add it anyways if they so need to.
- When ready, save and apply this change with [CTRL+END].
Solid Route Accounting will now only allow products belonging to this APL to be sold to the Customer Records also belonging to this APL. Customer Records and Inventory Items can belong to multiple APLs so long as they don't conflict with each other
Approved Product List Override for Mobile Unit Records:
Similar to adding non-APL items to a transaction in Solid Business Central, so too can each Mobile Unit Record be set whether they can override the APL items sold to their customers, of if they're restricted to only the items on the customer's APL.
- In Solid Business Central, navigate to [Datafile / Cost Cntr / Mobile] and view the desired Mobile Unit Record.
- Use [F2 - Edit] to make changes to this record, and find the 'Allow APL Override' option in the lower right corner. When set to 'N-No', non-APL items cannot be sold to APL customers, and only a customer's APL items will show in the '1131 Add Items' list. By changing it to 'Y-Yes', all items will show in the '1131 Add Items' list, and when trying to add a non-APL item to the transaction, a warning will appear that will allow the route sales person to proceed with adding the non-APL item to the transaction if they so choose.
- Any changes can be saved with [CTRL+END] and applied by synching this Mobile Unit Record's Handheld Computer.
For additional information on setting up Special Price Lists, please review the video tutorial Session#2: Datafile Entry - Special Pricing.