Answer: Solid Route Accounting business systems are designed to be reliable and accurate. For this reason, although we don’t allow invoices to be deleted, we do allow for them to be reversed by way of creating a duplicate, but opposite, invoice to null out the quantities and prices of the original. By using this invoice reversal method, if a question ever arises about a customer’s account with your business, this provides a history to indicate that the invoice was created, and then reversed, to balance their account.
If there's an error with an invoice saved by a route sales person, it’s important that they mark that invoice as being in need of a reversal, and then correctly create the invoice again so that the customer has a good copy. At the end of the work period, the route sales person should hand over any invoices in need of reversing, along with their Close Cash Out report, to the administration staff who can then take the appropriate action. After the handheld computer has been synced, the process of reversing an invoice varies depending which Solid Route Accounting business system is being used, as instructed below.
Enterprise Edition Users:
- Once the handheld computer has been synced, in Solid Business Central navigate to the 'Sales' screen and select the customer that the incorrect invoice was created for. Once the customer has been selected, use [F3 - Closed Transactions] to view a list of all transactions made for this customer.
- Find the incorrect invoice within this list, highlight it, and select it with the [Enter] key to display the 'Transaction Options' menu.
- From this menu, select ‘Reverse with Reverse QTY X Ref’. This will create an identical invoice with the opposite quantities and prices of the original. By saving this reversal with [CTRL+END], it will essentially remove that invoice off that customer’s balance, and bring the inventory levels back to normal.
Although both the original and reversed invoices will stay with that customer’s account, this creates a record to indicate that although a mistake was made, it was also corrected.
Microsoft Dynamics GP Edition,
Dynamic 3i Edition,
Eyewear Genetics Edition,
Integration Edition Users:
- Once the handheld computer has been synced, Solid Fusion will need to be run in order for the invoices to make it into the office accounting program.
- Once integrated into the accounting program, the ability to change, edit, reverse, or delete invoices depends on what capabilities the accounting program will allow. Consult the accounting program’s help and online assistance for further information on how to best deal with an invoicing error within that accounting program.